"An attempt to integrate the teaching of the English language & ICT, using MUSIC as a mere pretext."


Sunday, February 27, 2011

A ROSE FOR THE VICTIMS

                                                                               To Yolanda A.L. and her two sons.

***************************************************
Hace justo 10 días aparecía una entrada en este blog en contra del maltrato.
Hoy, desafortunadamente, volvemos de nuevo con el mismo tema de la violencia doméstica, llenos de rabia e impotencia, con un nuevo caso que nos salpica de cerca.
Una mujer que conozco, Yolanda A.L., nueva víctima en nuestra pequeña ciudad de Ceuta, se recupera estos días en el hospital, fuera ya de todo peligro.

Le dedicamos esta rosa y esta canción,
con todo nuestro cariño y apoyo,
en estos días especialmente difíciles.
***************************************************
My Word-Rose for the victims

   N I G H T
 F L O O R                 L I V E 
 U P S T A I R S      T R O U B L E
 N A M E       L A T E
     L U K A     
A S K
O
M
E
                                                          F I G H T
          H E A R
I
N
G

TASK.-
Listen to the song "Luka", by Suzanne Vega, and put these words -taken from the chorus- into the correct order:
Chorus

My _____ (1) is _____ (2)
I _____ (3) on the second _____ (4)
I live _______ (5) from you
Yes I think you've seen me before

If you ______ (6) _________ (7) 
______ (8) at _______ (9)
Some kind of _______ (10)
some kind of _______ (11)
Just don't _______ (12) me what it was


SELF-CORRECTION:
You can check your answers at: http://www.lyrics.com/luka-lyrics-suzanne-vega.html

* * * * * *
SO FAR, SO NEAR !!

Suzanne Vega (California, 1959) is an American songwriter and singer. Her song "Luka" is a very special song. It reached the top 10 of varios chart listings.
For some people, Luka is a song about domestic violence.(a)
For other people, it is about child abuse. (b)
Two different ways of the same bloody thing: ABUSE.

TASK.-
After reading this short text, please answer the following two questions:
1.- What does the title refer to?
2.- Which group do you support, (a) or (b)? Why?

3 comments:

  1. Según la canción al tal Luka no le gusta ver nada roto ni tirado eso es, signo de que en casa hay un niño, no puedo inclinarme hacia un solo grupo, porque normalmente una madre no deja que pegue a su hijo sin protegerlo,entonces he llegado a la conclusión que hay pilla hasta el gato.Por desgracia hay seres vivos (por no llamarlos seres humanos), que maltrata al más débil. Me quedo con los dos grupos con a y b. Un saludo y hasta mañana en clase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I like this blog.

    - Minna -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Minna!

    It's a real pleasure for me having you at the other side of this "virtual window". Please, keep in touch from Finland and let me know your comments and opinions.

    Regards,
    Jesús

    ReplyDelete